Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy first mother's day!


Being a mother is the most amazing thing ever, in ways I couldn't have imagined. There is just nothing like it, nothing to compare it to, and no way I can really articulate it.

For Mother's Day this year, my first, your dad let me sleep til 9:00 both Saturday and Sunday morning! Saturday he got up and gave you a bottle at 6:00 then played with you, fed you breakfast, and stretched with you. This morning, he got you at 5:45 so I could feed you, then took you out of the bedroom, and you guys went for a jog together in your new jogging stroller. I didn't even hear you leave and come back. Then you got back in bed with me and served me breakfast in bed - spit up butternut squash and yo-gruel (a mixture of yogurt and baby cereal that you love). Thank you!

There are many mothers in my life that give me inspiration. Mom, you are always a phone call away, ready to come help me if I ask at moment's notice. Carole, your sense of humor and positive spirit inspires me so much. Grammy, for raising five great kids - and having twins after the first three! Nikki, your strength during everything you've been through with Sammy is amazing. Brett, your patience and sense of calm shows me that everything will be OK. All my aunts, cousins and other friends that exemplify what a good mother is, I love you all so much. Happy Mother's Day to you all.





(letterpress card from etsy).

No comments: