New doctor today. More shots. Poor buddy.
The good news is you are no longer in the 10th percentile for weight. You have grown your way up into the 24th percentile! Good job.
I will no longer consider you a little runt.
Not that I ever really did.
Some other runts in literature:
- Fiver from Watership Down is a runt.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog is a runt when he is born, but he eventually grows to be 25 feet tall.
- Jock was the runt of a litter of Staffordshire Bull Terriers who was saved from drowning by Sir Percy Fitzpatrick, who later wrote about his life with the dog in Jock of the Bushveld.
- Cadpig, a female Dalmatian puppy in Dodie Smith's children's novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians, is the runt of her litter. Thought at first to be stillborn, she is revived by Mr. Dearly.
- Babe, the titular piglet hero of Dick King-Smith's book (and the popular film based on the novel), is a runt. In fact, he was chosen for the competition at which Farmer Hoggett won him essentially because he was a runt - his runt status therefore saving his life and shaping his destiny.