Monday, May 25, 2009

happy birthday, baby!

Dear Jackson,

Two years ago you came into our lives and changed it forever for the better.

This past year feels like a whirlwind of watching you grow, filled with firsts. It gives me so much joy to look back and see what you've accomplished, and how you're really coming into your own.

That first year I could just sit there and look at you in wonder. This past year I haven't been able to sit as much, but I still look at you in wonder. I still can't believe how much love I have in my heart for you. I still think you are the cutest baby ever. But recently, I've been seeing a little boy in you, even though part of me wants to deny it.

And now that baby is due in 6 weeks, I wanted to tell you how special this time was, just you and me, how lucky I am to have had these two years with you, and how I will always look back on this time with so much joy and love for you.

Happy 2nd birthday, baby! We love you so very very much.

Love,
Mama

No comments: