Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cade's first birthday - oh dear


I feel terrible. Cade's 1st birthday is a mere two days away, and I haven't done a thing about it. Jackson had a terrific party. Cake, decorations, signature cocktails - the whole nine yards.

Cade, it doesn't mean we don't love you any less. We couldn't possibly love you any less. We will make it up to you in years to come. When Jackson is 10 and you are 8. You'll get a super-big-awesome blast of a party and Jackson will be like, How come all I got this year was a lousy cupcake, and I'll say, because when Cade turned one, he didn't get a big fiesta like you did, so that's why.

Hoping I can at least pull off some kind of cake for him to blow out his first birthday candle.

Above picture of achievable cake from Party Perfect, although I wish I could make one more like this or this.

3 comments:

Jon said...

I'm sure Cade doesn't care since he seems to be happiest when climbing the most dangerous obstacle available and Jackson asks for presents all day every day so it might blow his mind if Cade got a bunch at one time.

Mary Lou said...

Yes, its hard for all us second-born children isn't it?

abigail said...

lucky for Cade, he has god parents to spoil him.