Wednesday, October 3, 2012

cookies


I love to bake with Jackson. He loves to bake with me. I don't know why we don't do it more often. Oh wait - - the flour on the floor, the whining to eat the batter, the dishes piled in the sink just when it's time to make dinner and they're starving and look - all we have are cookies! to eat....I digress.

I treated myself to this cookbook, because I love the blog (I wish I had read this part before - she writes, ...knowing what I know now, I don't even recommend attempting a sit-down meal with your kids until your youngest is at least three......I digress again) and love the recipes (easy, yummy, and possibly-someday-kid-adaptable). The day it came we opened it up and made these cookies. And they were good.

Cade helped a little but preferred to play. He was there waiting when they were done though. He was quite upset upon realizing they had chocolate chips and m n m's in them. "Mamaaaa, I didn't WANT things in my cookieeeee!" Good grief! What is wrong with you, child?!


No comments: