Wednesday, April 27, 2011

sometimes a picture really does say it all





I've mentioned before that Jackson is a picky eater. I waver between blaming myself for not trying harder, and letting it go and telling myself he's going to be just fine if he only eats Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and Yougurt in a Tube for 2 years straight. With maybe some pickles and dried cranberries too for a little variety. 

I decided tonight to make some peas and insisted that he take one bite. 
I even pulled out my favorite little antique spoon to make it more exciting. And put butter and salt on the peas too!

My friends, I give you the result: 




I can't stop laughing. I don't think I've laughed so much since the time he thought he could fly across his room onto the cushion and did a full-on belly-flop onto his bedroom floor.

3 comments:

abigail said...

Oh my, it's like the peas physically hurt him!

I feel a little bad laughing as hard as I did.

nikki said...

That is so funny! I love that you got a picture! Classic! I am impressed that he even put them in his mouth. Sammy wouldn't even touch them or have them on his plate.

carolemania said...

Ok

Let me put my two cents in which will make you feel better. First off, the photo is priceless. I am aching from laughter and this will sound odd, but I appreciate how you caught his anguish. It brings back some sorry memories of my childhood.

Many many year ago, I was a little younger than Jackson when my parents sent me to a overnight camp for the summer to deal with my serious food issues. I sat in the kitchen the entire summer eating or inventing ways of making the food disappear ( usually sticking the food under the table and it certainly didn't help my eating problems.(pretty ghastly)...but look at me now.I rest my case.